Tuesday, April 30, 2013

True colors

She was fun and totally relatable. Some little girls loved Madonna, but she seemed more grown-up (and stuck-up) to me. I liked Cyndi when I was young because she was more of, well, a person. She wasn't pretending to be someone else's idea of a woman. It's weird to think now that a look and a schtick that seems so gimmick-y actually felt more genuine to me, but it still does, actually. She just didn't seem to care what other people thought, which, in a world where girls are judged constantly and told how to look/act, is sadly rare. Also, I just really liked her music. When "True Colors" came out, I thought it was, like, the prettiest song ever. You can laugh if you want, but crafting a simple, relatable song that an eight year old can emotionally connect to is harder than one might think.



































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment